Wall-Badlands Area Chamber of Commerce Board Retreat Minutes, January 27, 2020
– By #Kelsey Clark
In Attendance: Bruce Dunker, Kim Handcock, Lindsy Reagle, Gordy Kraut, Cindy Hauk, Terry Mohr and Dustin Curr. Absent: Anne Jo Spotted Bear and Janet Lurz. Others Present: Wall-Badlands Area Chamber Executive Director, Kelsey Clark.
Wall-Badlands Area Chamber Board President Dustin Curr called the Meeting to order.
Kelsey led the retreat and welcomed board members by asking them to share a little bit about themselves. Kelsey recapped the roles and responsibilities of the board. She stated that board members should adhere to the mission and vision of the organization, attend meetings of the board, membership and committees, participate on committees, overlook organization financials and provide timely response to communications from the Chamber Board. In addition, she stated board members should consult with Chamber members to relay information and gather questions and concerns relating to the Chamber. The retreat continued by reviewing the Strategic Plan of the Chamber and the 2019 Accomplishments of the Chamber.
Board Members discussed and set goals for the 2020 year:
- Work on recruiting Gold Members.
- Begin sending membership renewal invoices in August for seasonal businesses.
- Send a survey to Chamber Members about the types of classes/workshops and activities they would like to participate in. Hold a drawing for a $50 Wall Bucks certificate for those who complete the survey (winner must be a Chamber member in good standing).
- Become more involved in community events.
- Feature Chamber Members once a week or once a month.
- Ask Chamber Members to include a link to the Chamber website on their business website.
- Participate in the Week of Work by hosting a business Q&A Panel at the school.
- Share job possibilities with the school to share with students.
- Share the total amount of money the Chamber spends supporting community events.
Board Members decided to hold Board meetings on the third Tuesday of the month at 7 AM in the Wall Community Center Meeting Room.
Motion, made by Kim with a second by Bruce, carried to adjourn the meeting.